Saturday, June 21, 2014

Wild Wild West - Or how one thing lead to another and now I am trying WWW Shooters ?!

CURRENT RATING
FUNNY



Steam Sale. Nevertheless the steam sale game is a pure brilliant *cliche on* women money on shoes *cliche off*.
unimaginative rip off, I enjoy spending little money on games like

And since the twitch stream of humble bundle yesterday involved a WWW game, I thought ey, I never actually played a WWW FPS !!

And the advantage of a FPS, it can be played with Keyboard/Mouse.

So I bought Call of Juarez Gunslinger.

Despite the name and the fact that I know NOTHING about this game OR the developers, I was curious. Good ol'Ubisoft as publisher and an Engine I never heard of plus a wild wild west setting. OK. Well, first thing was the game needed only 3.8 gb. 3.8gb for a full flechted FPS ? OK ?!?!

Well I write this here being untouched about this game, so lets go. *reloads his colt*



Interjection #1: Do you get extra points in FPS for head shots cause it's a moral good karma thingy ? You kill your enemy without letting him suffer ? Nice idea, or ?. Makes that gruesome "Yeah, HEADSHOT" more like "You are one of the good guys, HEADSHOT !" 

I took the Story Mode. Arcade ? Me ? Nah. You start as a bodyhunter legend sitting in a bar admired by some dorks. Voice acting was good, but the scetch drawings are making more and more clear why this game only needs so relatively few gb of precious hd space.

Then the game starts. The graphics are hmm a bit "Sharp" and patterly unclear at the same time. The movie/cartoon book frame around the screen is ehm, strange. I like the graphics style, its somewhere between tales of borderland and old CoD graphics. The ideas are good so far. You have some kind of concentration, that slows down time. And you have a xp/leveling system, yet to be validated as usefull. Well the AI is as far as I can it see by now not that smart, they take cover, run around from cover to cover but they *sighs* do not advance and cover. Why is nobody in the FPS world applying normal battle tactics ?

Thers also some rudimentary destruction, but not anything comparable to the masters of Frostbite.
You can shoot some detail wood on some boxes, but thats about it. 

OKOK, really funny is that you can shoot hens and get 10 points for it. Sadly, or well done, you cant shoot horses. Was the first thing I tried.And yes, you get points for shooting pumpkins. That's a new one.

The story telling is ok so far. I wont spoil anything. Well, except that one knows whats coming. But this is a reward of its own, I would say.

After having my first honorable duel, I think I will play this game further more.

Technical #1: Dear Techland, DirectX 11 fast desktop switching keeps crashing your game. Not nice. (Path of the defect module: unknown)

And now, while I searched for their interessting little secrets, I found a place where you cant leave.
This is a absolut NOGO, and should be the horror of every level designer.

While the game in story mode is progressing, the enemies get better, there are indivual enemies with health bars and special attacks. Its actually fun. The narrating element during the shootings is a bit confusing, you dont get into the right mode, while someone is explaining to you the inner mechanisms of our cliché way of seeing the wild wild west. But hey. At least its something new.



Gameplay Update #2


So after having played it through up to the end of the LAST mission, I must say its quite enjoyable,  a bit...boring to the end, too easy on normal mode, sometimes too linear.

The graphics are really, really nice most of the time, and the story telling is default, but really funny at some points. The skill system a very nice addition.

Damn I wish I could give you some ideas what I mean, but this would be spoilers. I dont want to do that. Damn I have to move to wordpress so I could programm a spoiler feature.

For the money I paid its a really good game. These "nudgets" you find have little storys about the west in them, which are actually very interessting. I found myself researching some of it on Wikipedia afterwards.

At the point where I am now in the game its a bit frustrating. So when I find the energy to finish it completly I will make the final Gameplay Update.


No comments:

Post a Comment